Save water at home
Customer water efficiency is a key component of sustainably providing long-term security with our water supply services.
We actively encourage all of our customers to use water wisely and not waste it.
We are engaged in a number of initiatives under the banner of Target Your Water Use, aimed to help our customers use water more efficiently and we are preparing more new activities.
Our main source of customer water efficiency information is the Smart Water Advice website, developed in collaboration with all of the urban water corporations in Victoria. Please click on the image below and browse through the site to find a wealth of water efficiency information.
Target Your Water Use, launched by the Honourable Lisa Neville MP, Victorian Minister for Water is a new collaborative water efficiency program for regional Victorian water corporations.
Visit the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) web page for more information about using water wisely.
CHW has a history of creating successful innovative water efficiency programs and continues to encourage water efficiency through ongoing activities which form a part of the Target Your Water Use Regional Water Efficiency Program:
For Residential Customers CHW is continuing with:
- Promoting Permanent Water Saving Rules http://www.chw.net.au/residents/permanent-water-saving-rules
- Website Water Efficiency Information www.smartwatermark.org/victoria
- Communicating comparative consumption to users on bills http://www.chw.net.au/residents/your-bill-explained
- Community Water Rebates Program www.water.vic.gov.au/liveable/using-water-wisely/community-support
- Our School Education Program http://www.chw.net.au/Community
- The Be Smart Choose Tap Program http://www.chw.net.au/choosetap
For Business Customers CHW is continuing with:
- The Large Non-Residential Customers Program
- Local Government programs and interactions
- Supporting the DELWP Schools Water Efficiency Program (SWEP) https://www.chw.net.au/community/education-resources
- Website Water Efficiency Information https://www.smartwatermark.org/smartwateradvice/saving-water-business/
CHW also continues to focus on water efficiency at our own facilities and in our water supply networks.