Moorabool Reservoir Park
|Large grassed area||Tables and chairs|
Located on the banks of the Moorabool River and overlooking the reservoir, the Moorabool Reservoir Park provides a beautiful recreation area with BBQs and picnic facilities provided.
The historic Moorabool Lodge is situated in the park along with a charming garden surrounded by large trees. Moorabool Lodge is available for small events and can be booked through the group The Friends of Moorabool.
The entrance to the reservoir park is on Spargo Creek Rd. Get there by taking the Wallace exit off the Western Hwy. Follow the signs for Springbank and merge onto Ormond Rd. Turn right onto Springbank Rd and then turn left onto Spargo-Creek Rd.
The gardens are ideal for small wedding ceremonies and community events – but remember inclement weather can impact your important day, as the Lodge is not open to bookings for weddings.
- Although events and weddings in the park are booked in advance, we cannot guarantee exclusive access to the area as Moorabool Reservoir Park is a public place.
- A ‘take home rubbish’ policy exists in the park so please take your rubbish with you when you leave.
- No confetti is to be used in the park or gardens, including the carpark.
- Total fire ban days - the park and Lodge are closed.
- During extreme weather events (hail/thunderstorms/high winds, for example), we reserve the right to close the parks for public safety. We will endeavour to contact you if you have an event booked
- Kyaks,boats, dinghies or inflatables are allowed on the Reservoir
Moorabool Lodge: How to book
For general lodge enquiries and or to book the lodge, please contact ‘The Friends of the Moorabool’ community group on 5334 0292.
Reservoir Park: How to book
In order to avoid overcrowding in the park we request some information about the duration and nature of your event, wedding or guided tour.
Please be aware that bookings will only be considered for events that meet our published guidelines.