Kirks Reservoir Park
|Large grassed area||Tables and chairs|
As one of the region's most exotic gardens, Kirks Reservoir Park is our most picturesque asset. Situated just 10 minutes drive from the Ballarat CBD, the park has ample parking, free undercover gas BBQs and toilet facilities.
The Wooden Rotunda and surrounding garden (Flat Lawn) and the Steel Rotunda near the Reservoir wall are ideal for wedding ceremonies (free, bookings required).
School groups are escorted through the Living Water Trail and the Outdoor Education Centre by CHW staff.
The entrance to the reservoir park is on the Ballarat-Daylesford Rd. Get there by taking exit C292 from the Western Hwy and turn towards Daylesford. From Ballarat go via Victoria St (C805), turn left into Water St (C292), then turn right onto the Daylesford Rd exit.
Weddings and events
The rotundas and surrounding gardens are ideal for wedding ceremonies and community events – but it’s important you book well in advance.
- During extreme weather events (high fire danger, high winds, thunder storms etc.) the Park will be closed to the public, in the interest of safety to visitors and staff. Please have a "back up plan" in place for your ceremony/event should this occur
- On declared Total Fire Ban days, car access is prohibited in the main grounds - parking is available parallel to Ballarat-Daylesford Road instead. Access is via the pedestrian gate only
- There is no access to a power source
- Use of the Park is offered free of charge, please be aware that because it is available to the public, Central Highlands Water cannot guarantee exclusive use
- A "take home rubblish" policy applies
- Central Highlands Water accepts no responsibility for any personal injury, property damage or consequential loss arising from you and your guests' use of the Park, Park facilities and ca park
- All rules and regulations applicable to the use of the Park by the public must be complied with at all times
- You must ensure that commercial providers (e.g. marquee, musicians) provide Central Highlands Water with a cop of their current public and property liability insurance (Certificate of Currenc), with a minimum cover of $10 million, 2 weeks prior to the event
- No spikes are to be used to secure items such as marquees as may cause damage to irrigation - please use weights
- Parking - please use the area outside the gates when possible, and please, do not park on the grass or tree roots. Help us maintain the beauty of this free resource
- Speed - please ask your guests to respect the signs and maintain a sedate pace
How to book
In order to avoid overcrowding in the gardens we request some information about the duration and nature of your event, wedding or guided tour.
Please be aware that bookings will only be considered for events that meet our published guidelines.