My Services Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register for an online profile?

Registering for an online profile only takes a couple of minutes. Please note that only 1 registration is available per business.

  1. From the My Services Log In page, select Create a Profile or Register as a New User
  2. Enter your email address. *Note: If you are registering on behalf of a company, please use a shared email address if possible i.e.
  3. Click Continue.
  4. Select if you are creating a profile as an individual or company.
  5. Enter your name, address and phone number. Note: If you are registering for a company, please enter the company name, address and phone number.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Create a password and confirm
  8. Select and answer one of the security questions (this will assist to access your account if you forget your password).
  9. Read the Terms and Conditions, and tick the box to agree.
  10. Click Create Account.
  11. Follow the prompts sent to your nominated email address to activate your account.

If all information is successfully entered, you will be redirected to the login page to enter your User name (the email address you used to signed up with) and Password to proceed.

How do I change the password for my online profile?

If you’re already logged into your online profile:

  1. Select My Profile from the My Services page.
  2. Select Edit on Privacy Settings.
  3. Enter current password.
  4. Enter New Password and confirm.
  5. Answer the security question as previously self set by you during registration.
  6. Confirm New Password.
  7. Click Save.

If you have not yet logged into your online profile:

  1. Go to the login page.
  2. Click Forgot Password?
  3. Enter your email address that was used to first register.
  4. Click Next.
  5. Answer the security question as previously self-set by you during registration, then select Reset Password.
  6. Enter your new password and confirm, then select Submit.
  7. You will receive an email with a temporary password.
  8. Please login with the temporary password
  9. You can now reset your password
  10. Enter a new password and click Submit

How do I update my contact details?

You can update your details from the My Services tab.

  1. Select My Profile
  2. Select Edit on Contact Information
  3. Update the necessary fields
  4. Select Save

How do I lodge a new consent application?

Once you are logged into My Services, from the top menu select Submit an Application.

  1. Select Consent Application under My Services.
  2. Select the appropriate Applicant Type from the drop down box.
  3. To search for the property address select Add Property Address.
  4. Enter the full property address. Click search and select the correct address from the list displayed. 
  5. If address is not found select Cancel and enter the property address into the Location Details comment box.
  6. Select Add Attachments to add any required documents e.g. site plan. Please note that each attachment will need to be uniquely titled to assist with processing.
  7. Select Save and Continue.
  8. Select the Type of Dwelling from the drop down box.
  9. Select all relevant Connection Details under water and/or sewer.
  10. Read the Notes and Requirements for Sewer Applications. If plans are required to support your application, please attach on Record Information (refer to step 6). You can move back to this page by clicking on the back button below or Record Information tab above.
  11. If New Sewer Connection selected enter a Contracted Date of Completion.
  12. Complete the Plumbers Details section.
  13. Under Ownership, select if you are the owner of the property or acting with the owner’s permission.
  14. If you are not the property owner please complete the property owner’s details below.
  15. Please read the OHS and Declaration clauses before selecting Save and Continue.
  16. Review application details and click Submit.
  17. Please note payment of consent application fee is required prior to CHW actioning applications (Note: this is not applicable for Sundry Debtor Accounts).
  18. Proceed to My Fees to pay online via credit card.

How do I pay for my application?

Once you have submitted an application you can review what charges are owing on My Services or My Fees tabs.

  1. If you are paying online by credit card go to My Fees, select all fees you wish to pay then select Make Payment.
  2. You will then be redirected to a secure externally hosted payment page. Select OK to view a summary of the amount and a reference number for the payment.
  3. Enter your credit card details and select Next.
  4. Review payment details and select Pay.
  5. Payment result will be displayed with receipt number if approved.
  6. Select Complete Process.
  7. You will then be returned to My Services.
  8. A receipt for this payment will be included with the completed consent documentation.

If you are paying by invoice with a Sundry Debtor account please follow instructions on the invoice or pay online as above.

What credit cards types does CHW accept?

My Services currently accepts payment from Visa and Mastercard.

How long until I receive my consent?

Upon successful submission and payment of your consent application CHW will commence processing within 10 business days. Should any additional fees be required you will be notified accordingly, with these to be paid prior to CHW issuing the consent.

Can I check the progress of my application?

Yes, you can check the progress of your application on the My Services page under the My Applications listing. 

  1. Click on the appropriate application Number (i.e. CON1110) to open the application.
  2. The Status will display as either Open, Processing, Issued or Closed.
  3. The Current Milestone will display as either Completeness Check, Awaiting Information, Reviews, Fee Selection, Fees Due, Issuing, Awaiting as Constructed, As Construct Review, Awaiting As Constructed Resubmittal or Complete.

How do I search for an application?

  1. To search for an application log in and go to the My Services tab.
  2. Under My Applications list select the arrow next to Filter to view search fields.
  3. Enter the details of your application and select search. Note: ID Number is the Consent Application Number i.e. CON1110)

How can I add further attachments to my submitted application?

If you need to provide further attachments to your consent application after submission you can do this via your existing application on My Services.

  1. Search and/or select the application from the My Applications list
  2. Select Add Attachment. Drag and drop or browse and select the file.
  3. Select Save and upload.

How will I be notified once a plumbing consent is issued?

Once CHW issues a consent, the status will move to Issued. You will also be notified by email.

Where do I find the completed consent paperwork?

Once a consent is issued you will find the consent document including the consent number and conditions on your profile within My Services.

  1. Select the application under the My Applications list on My Services. 
  2. You will find the completed consent document under Attachments.

How do I book a date for meter collection?

Once a consent is issued you will find a Meter Issue listed under Inspections on the application in My Services.

To select a date for meter collection follow these steps (noting that at least 1 business days' notice is required):

  1. Select Request Inspection.
  2. Click on the box under Request Date and select a date.
  3. Click Submit Request.
  4. CHW will have the meter ready on your selected date. 
  5. If you need to reschedule, select Reschedule and follow the same steps.

I get an error when adding an attachment

  • If you get an error when adding an attachment it may be due to the title of the document.
  • All attachments uploaded into My Services need to be uniquely titled. If there is already a file with the same name in the system it will not allow a duplicate and an error will appear.
  • Before trying again, rename the document with a unique title; e.g. instead of titling an attachment as ‘Site Plan’ include the address in the title, ie. ‘Site Plan 15 Smith St Ballarat’.
  • If you still receive the error please contact CHW’s Property Services Team at or on 1800 061 514 from 8.15am-5pm Mon-Fri.

I did not receive confirmation of my application?

If you have submitted your consent application but have not received a confirmation notification back please contact CHW’s Property Services Team at or on 1800 061 514 from 8.15am-5pm Mon-Fri.

My profile has been disabled and I cannot log in. What do I do?

If your profile has been disabled and you are unable to login please contact CHW’s Property Services Team at or on 1800 061 514 from 8.15am-5pm Mon-Fri.

Can I access My Services on my mobile device?

Yes, My Services is available and supported on mobile devices.

Who do I contact if my question is not answered here?

If your question is not covered in these FAQ’s please contact CHW’s Property Services Team at or on 1800 061 514 from 8.15am-5pm Mon-Fri.