Pet Show Competition
Our Pet Show Competition is a fantastic way to encourage student creativity and raise awareness about family pet health and wellbeing.
Our scarecrow competition last year received 40 amazing entries from schools and organisations across the Central Highlands region. Entries on display at the festival were a major attraction, receiving over 3000 public votes for the winners.
HOW TO ENTER
- Complete and submit an entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 6 March 2017 to register your pet with us.
- Make your pet – be as creative as you like! See below for some ideas.
- Deliver your pet to our Botanical Gardens’ site by 4:00 pm on Thursday 9 March 2017.
RULES OF ENTRY
- Your entry must be no larger than 40 cm x 40 cm x 40 cm.
- It must be weather resilient as it will be displayed outside.
- One entry form per pet.
- No real-life pets.
- No taxidermy pets.
- Pets must be collected by noon on Tuesday 14 March. If not, they will be recycled.
SCULPTURE MATERIAL SUGGESTIONS
- Recycled materials
- Papier mache
We’ll display and judge entries during the festival in the following categories:
- People’s choice
- Best use of recycled materials
- Best in show
Winners will be notified during the week after the festival. Prizes will be awarded at a mutually agreeable time and place (e.g. school assembly or class presentation).
The prize for each category is an art pack valued at $200 plus a water saving pack or 50 water bottles (winner’s choice).
6 March Registrations close
9 March Deliver pets to Botanical Gardens’ site
11-13 March Entries displayed/public voting period
13 March Collect pets after 5:00 pm
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Information on how to enter the Pet Show Competition (‘the Competition’) forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
The Promoter of the Competition is Central Highlands Region Water Corporation (“CHW”) of 7 Learmonth Road, Wendouree, Victoria.
1. Entrants must create a pet using art and craft material.
2. Entrants must register their pet by 6 March 2017 by filling in the entry form and emailing to email@example.com or posting to:
Central Highlands Water
Communications and Engagement Team
PO Box 152
Ballarat VIC 3353
Any entries sent by post must be received by CHW by 6 March 2017. Only one pet may be entered per Entrant.
3. On confirmation of entry receipt by CHW, Entrants must deliver their pet to the CHW site at the Ballarat Botanical Gardens between 10:00am and 4.00 pm on 9 March 2017.
4. Pets will be on display for the Begonia Festival long weekend commencing 10.00am on 11 March 2017 and closing 5.00pm on 13 March 2017.
5. Visitors to the Festival may vote on their favourite pet by filling in a voting slip and entering it at the CHW site in the Botanical Gardens.
6. Category winners will be determined by:
- People’s Choice – the entry receiving the highest number of public votes during the three days it is displayed at the Begonia Festival
- Best in Show – the best pet as judged by Central Highlands Water staff
- Best use of recycled materials – the pet made of the best selection of recycled materials as judged by Central Highlands Water staff
7. Pets must be collected between 5.00pm and 6:00pm on Monday 13 March 2017 or between 10:00am and 12:00pm on Tuesday 14 March 2017 from the CHW site at the Ballarat Botanical Gardens. Pets remaining after this time will be recycled or disposed of by CHW.
8. Entry into the Competition is open to all schools in CHW’s service region.
9. The Competition entry period commences at 9.00am on 17 February 2017 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 6 March 2017 (‘the Competition Period’).
10. The Competition Winners will be contacted in the week after the Begonia Festival (14 – 17 March 2017) and prizes awarded at a mutually agreeable time and place.
11. All Entrants grant the Promoter a royalty free licence to use the intellectual property in their entry for promotional material, including in published or recorded materials, CHW’s web-site and associated social media platforms.
12. Entries must comply with the following:
- entries must be entirely the original work of the Entrant; and
- entries must not violate or infringe upon the rights of any other person including material which is protected by copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights.
13. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entries from the Competition due to any Entrant tampering with or benefiting from any tampering with the operation of the competition or violating these terms.
14. Prize means one (1) $200 art pack plus fifty (50) water bottles or one (1) water saving pack.
15. No component of the Prize can be exchanged, transferred or redeemed for cash. Where the Prize becomes unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original Prize.
16. Representatives of Competition Winner must, at the Promoter’s request, participate free of charge in all promotional activity, including being interviewed, photographed or filmed while participating in the Competition or accepting any Prize. The Competition Winners consent to the Promoter using that Competition Winner’s name and images of its representatives in promotional material. The representatives of Competition Winners consent to the Promoter repeating any such broadcast, film, photograph or other recording in any media at any time free of charge.
17. Where the Entrant provides to the Promoter details, images or any other materials of other person(s), the entrant must obtain consent (or in the case of a minor, appropriate consent required by law from the minor's parent or guardian) from the other person(s) for the other person(s) details or image to be provided to the Promoter for the purposes of processing and conducting the Competition, and that the other person(s) may be contacted by the Promoter in relation to this Competition.
18. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss), expense, damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the Competition, accepting or using any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).